Job Title: Sales and Business Development Manager - B2B
Department: Sales Department
Company Summary: We are Kent Displays, the makers of Boogie Board® -- the world’s #1 electronic writing tablets. And, we are on a mission to change how the world writes. We were founded in 1993, by Dr. William Doane of the Liquid Crystal Institute at Kent State University and William Manning of Manning and Napier, Rochester New York. Since then, the company has evolved from focusing on developing and licensing R&D related to LCDs, to becoming a global lifestyle and consumer electronics company passionate about redefining writing.
Brief Description of the Position: We are looking for a Sales and Business Development Manager with at least 1 year sales experience that is “hungry” for going after business and is not afraid to “roll their sleeves up” to get the sale. This role will be working in the fastest growing Business Unit in the organization and will be responsible for obtaining new business in the following channels of business: Promotional, Premium, and Advertising Specialty Products (maybe other channels as well).Must be willing to hunt for new business and manage and grow the book of business obtained. You will be the point of contact for all customer matters, anticipate the customer needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the customer are met, and help the customer succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must hunt for new business and work within a quota system
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between customer and company
- Resolving customer issues and complaints
- Developing a complete understanding of customer needs
- Anticipating customer changes and improvements
- Manage communications between customer and internal departments
- Strategic planning to improve customer results
- Negotiating contracts with customers and establishing a timeline of performance
- Establish and oversee internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the customer
- Working with design, creative, advertising, logistics, managers, marketing, and team members from other departments dedicated to the same customer account to ensure the highest quality of materials are being produced and all customer needs to be met
- Collaborating with sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
- Analyzing customer data to provide customer relationship management
- Expanding relationships and bringing in new customers
- Ability to work tradeshows, conferences, and conventions
Requirements, Education and/or Experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work within a matrix business
- Goal-oriented, detailed, and highly organized team player
- Self-motivated, self-directed, driven
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, customers, and territories
- Ability to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 1-year previous work experience in sales, management, key account management, or relevant experience
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If this sounds like you, then please apply/submit a resume today to Kelly Eisentraut email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Kent Displays is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.