Roll to Roll Machine Operator
Who We Are:
We are Boogie Board, makers of best-selling reusable writing and creativity products. Boogie Board is owned by Kent Displays, the global leader in reflective bistable cholesteric liquid crystal display technology. Over the last decade, Boogie Board products have redefined writing and drawing for both adults and kids—selling millions of reusable writing and creativity products in 40 countries worldwide. Our team is passionate about helping our consumers play, create, learn, live and work better.
Our people are the key to our success. We believe in a family-first work environment that allows ideas to flourish. Our technologies and products improve the way people communicate, learn, play, and work. We pledge to contribute to our community through good corporate citizenship, our employees, and our products. We offer very competitive compensation and benefits that include a generous paid time off package for vacations and holidays.
We are looking for a Roll to Roll Machine Operator to assist the Machine Operator in making our reusable writing and creativity products.
The Roll to Roll Machine Operator is responsible for supporting the R2R Machine Operator with the production of high quality plastic displays at established production rates and is accountable for keeping the work area clean and in order throughout the work shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows directions from and reports problems/issues to the Roll to Roll Machine operator and or Roll to Roll Production Specialist.
- Reads and follows work orders, production drawings, procedures, specifications, and other documentation and/or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Assists Roll to Roll Operator, Roll to Roll Production Specialist and/or Engineer on call with machine operation and setup.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in machine, fixture, or other holding device.
- Performs intermediate machine tasks, such as cleaning, film handling, bulk switch testing.
- Performs on-line go-not-go testing and work in progress inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- 0-12 months related experience and/or training as a machine operator; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team, including in a supporting role required.
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated ability of following instructions both verbally and in writing required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English required.
- Willingness and ability to work off shift and weekends required.
- Stable work history
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, sit, and utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk or hear and utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Continually work near moving mechanical parts
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then please send your information to Kelly Eisentraut (KEisentraut@kentdisplays.com). Kent Displays is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Applicants will be required to have started or have documentation of completion of COVID-19 vaccinations prior to the first day of employment.