We are Boogie Board, makers of best-selling reusable writing and creativity products. Boogie Board is owned by Kent Displays, the global leader in reflective bistable cholesteric liquid crystal display technology. Over the last decade, Boogie Board products have redefined writing and drawing for both adults and kids—selling millions of reusable writing and creativity products in 40 countries worldwide. Our team is passionate about helping our consumers play, create, learn, live and work better.
We are looking for a Research and Development Technician who has the skills and passion to help take our company to the next level!
We are looking for a hands-on individual with hunger for scientific exploration and discipline to tackle detail-oriented tasks. A determined individual with a deep sense of ownership that can see Kent Displays as a self-development, flourishing hub from a personal to a technical level. The nature of our unique technology requires a person with craving for learning new things every day. Our RnD team is comprised of international experts that will be delighted to train and teach an enthusiastic technician. Help us create the next generation of smart materials; unleash your creativity in an engaging highly dynamic environment. In this role you will be required to do the following:
- Preparation of mixtures of different sizes using scales, chemical glassware, liquid and solid handling elements in a clean room with clean room attire
- Liquid crystals panel lamination
- Hand coating substrates
- Characterization of liquid crystal panels using spectroscopy, microscopy, electro-optics, etc.
- Reliability testing of liquid crystal panels using different environmental chambers.
- Characterization of material properties of films and coatings.
- Maintaining organized notebooks and databases with timely data collection
- Data analysis and presentations in oral and written reports.
- Design and execution of experiments to study structure-property relationships.
- Technical support to manufacturing and quality control.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry related fields, polymer science, materials science, biology, physics
- Interest in learning about cholesteric liquid crystal technology
- Be able to perform task with high attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Structured problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of formulation principles
- DOE experience
- Experience with wet chemistry, clean rooms and small and large mixtures preparation
- Knowledge of laboratory operations, equipment, and safety requirements.
If this sounds like you, then please apply/submit a resume today to Kelly Eisentraut email:email@example.com. Kent Displays is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time