Mechanical Engineering Intern
Who We Are:
We are Boogie Board, makers of best-selling reusable writing and creativity products. Boogie Board is owned by Kent Displays, the global leader in reflective bistable cholesteric liquid crystal display technology. Over the last decade, Boogie Board products have redefined writing and drawing for both adults and kids—selling millions of reusable writing and creativity products in 40 countries worldwide. Our team is passionate about helping our consumers play, create, learn, live and work better.
Build your career with a company that creates cool products, gives back to the community, and offers a friendly, diverse, innovative, inclusive culture.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern to join our dynamic team in a very hands-on, developmental role.
The Mechanical Engineering Intern will act as a contributing member of the Engineering department, working with other engineers in creating new advanced displays and consumer products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use Solid Works to create and/or modify drawings.
- Use standard office software to create other documentation as needed.
- Participate in revision control process.
- Keep detailed notes and documentation.
- Run experiments while recording data.
- Create and build prototypes and working Demonstrators.
- Provide support for Engineering Staff as directed.
- Additional tasks will be geared towards capabilities and knowledge obtained from classes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering program or related program at an accredited university.
- Stable work history
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then please send your information to Kelly Eisentraut (KEisentraut@kentdisplays.com). Kent Displays is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Applicants will be required to have started or have documentation of completion of COVID-19 vaccinations prior to the first day of employment.